Free Delivery/Shipping Sale Wine Page
Simplify Holiday shopping and gift giving while saving $25-$50 per gift with Free Delivery/Shipping on eligible orders placed through midnight on Wednesday, December 5! Here's how it works:
1) Select your choice of gift wines from our Free Delivery/Shipping Sale list that starts below and runs on for a few pages. Just click "continue" after placing each wine in your basket and you'll come right back to this page. To receive Free Delivery/Shipping, you must purchase 6 or more bottles from this list per delivery address.
2) Check out as normal, being sure to tell us what you'd like your gift card to say by entering it in the Comments box during check out.
3) Notice that your shopping cart and automatically generated web order confirmation will show shipping/delivery charges. DON'T WORRY!!! We'll drop the delivery/shipping charges when we actually pull your wines and ring up your order in-store. We'll email you a final receipt when your order has been pulled.
4) We'll set up your order to ship via UPS on or before Monday, December 10 or for local delivery before December 21. Either we or UPS will email you when your delivery is complete.
Other terms and conditions as explained in our email apply. Feel free to give us a call at the store - 703.356.6500 - or email us at email@example.com if you need help or have any questions at all!
8 Items Found
- Dom d'Eole Coteaux d'Aix En Provence Cuvee Lea 2003 Product #20380 (In Stock)
This blend of Grenache and Syrah is aged in small barrels and pushes the quality limit of wines from Provence to new heights. It combines the red fruit of Grenache, the Rhone-like spiciness of Syrah and the typical wild herb flavors of Provencal wines. Taste it blind and you’d think the 2003 Cuvee Lea was an excellent 2001 Chateauneuf or very strong 2006 Gigondas. It’s delicious right now – try it with roasted meats, rich cheeses, or stews of olive and lamb – and still has another 5+ years to go. Stunning value while it lasts.
"Richer and deeper than the 2004 version, this shows an abundance of black cherry fruit, but also layers of spicy, savory complexity. Dominated by old-vine Grenache, it could easily be mistaken for a Lirac or Châteauneuf-du-Pape."Wine Enthusiast 91 points
- Marie Bernard (Marc Morey) Chassagne 1er En Virondot 2007 Product #25222 (In Stock)
Labeled for us under the Marie Bernard name to comply with Virginia's restrictive distribution rules, this is the exact same wine sold under the Marc Morey label in France and the rest of the USA.
“From a steep, rocky section of vines above the Caillerets, the Marc Morey 2007 Chassagne Montrachet En Virondot offers an aromatic and gustatory combination of brine and meat stock mingled with fresh lemon – along with an eventually sense of overt chalkiness – remind me of Chablis. Crystalline mineral aspects seem to shimmer through the citrus, leading to a refreshing and invigorating finish. Some tasters might find this lacking in sweetness of fruit, although there is a Chenin-like note of quince. This is one of Mollard's most interesting wines of the vintage, and should prove fascinating to follow over at least the next 5-6 years.” Wine Advocate 91 points
“Outstanding. A pretty and attractively scented nose features notes of citrus, baking spice, lychee nut and rose water that precedes the nicely rich, round and relatively powerful medium-bodied flavors that possess excellent focus and drive on the impressively long and mineral-driven finish. After two hours in a decanter, this was a radically different, and better, wine than when it was initially opened.” Allen Meadows 91 points