Free Delivery/Shipping Sale Wine Page
Simplify Holiday shopping and gift giving while saving $25-$50 per gift with Free Delivery/Shipping on eligible orders placed through midnight on Wednesday, December 5! Here's how it works:
1) Select your choice of gift wines from our Free Delivery/Shipping Sale list that starts below and runs on for a few pages. Just click "continue" after placing each wine in your basket and you'll come right back to this page. To receive Free Delivery/Shipping, you must purchase 6 or more bottles from this list per delivery address.
2) Check out as normal, being sure to tell us what you'd like your gift card to say by entering it in the Comments box during check out.
3) Notice that your shopping cart and automatically generated web order confirmation will show shipping/delivery charges. DON'T WORRY!!! We'll drop the delivery/shipping charges when we actually pull your wines and ring up your order in-store. We'll email you a final receipt when your order has been pulled.
4) We'll set up your order to ship via UPS on or before Monday, December 10 or for local delivery before December 21. Either we or UPS will email you when your delivery is complete.
Other terms and conditions as explained in our email apply. Feel free to give us a call at the store - 703.356.6500 - or email us at email@example.com if you need help or have any questions at all!
10 Items Found
- Pierre Paillard Bouzy Grand Cru Brut NV Product #24253 (In Stock)
The last release of our favorite "regular" Champagne clocked in with a 92 point rating and spot on Wine Spectator's Top 100 list for 2013. This is even better! A 50/50 blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, all from Grand Cru vineyards. One of the best Champagne values we know.
"Vivid yellow-gold. Potent red berry, blood orange and quince on the perfumed nose, with a chalky nuance adding lift and focus. Offers sappy red fruit and citrus pith flavors that flesh out and deepen with air while picking up a sexy floral quality. Closes with building spiciness, a hint of toasty lees and excellent clarity and length."International Wine Cellar 92 points
- Andrea Oberto Barolo Rocche 2006 Product #24547 (In Stock)
“This is a strong set of 2006 Barolos from father and son team Andrea and Fabio Oberto. I had a chance to taste the 2006s next to the estate’s 2005s, and it is pretty clear the 2006s possess an extra dimension of generosity over their older brethren that, among other things, results in better integration of the oak.
The 2006 Barolo Vigneto Rocche is the alter-ego of the Brunate. Where the Brunate is powerful the Rocche is refined, where the Brunate is intense, the Rocche is subtle. Floral red fruits, menthol and minerals are some of the notes that emerge from this high-toned, aromatic Barolo. The aromas and flavors seem to resonate off each other like voices in a cathedral, creating a sensation of endless discovery as the wine opens up in the glass. The structure of the vintage comes through on the energetic, vibrant finish. Here, too, patience is key, but this is shaping up to be another magnificent Barolo from Oberto. Anticipated maturity: 2016-2026.”Wine Advocate 93+ points
"Large-scaled, chewy and sweet on the palate; bigger and deeper than the 2005, with impressive depth of fruit and sheer volume. Finishes with huge chewy tannins that saturate every millimeter of the palate, but this infant appears to have the fullness and breadth to support its structure."International Wine Cellar 92 points
- Marie Bernard (Marc Morey) Chassagne 1er En Virondot 2007 Product #25222 (In Stock)
Labeled for us under the Marie Bernard name to comply with Virginia's restrictive distribution rules, this is the exact same wine sold under the Marc Morey label in France and the rest of the USA.
“From a steep, rocky section of vines above the Caillerets, the Marc Morey 2007 Chassagne Montrachet En Virondot offers an aromatic and gustatory combination of brine and meat stock mingled with fresh lemon – along with an eventually sense of overt chalkiness – remind me of Chablis. Crystalline mineral aspects seem to shimmer through the citrus, leading to a refreshing and invigorating finish. Some tasters might find this lacking in sweetness of fruit, although there is a Chenin-like note of quince. This is one of Mollard's most interesting wines of the vintage, and should prove fascinating to follow over at least the next 5-6 years.” Wine Advocate 91 points
“Outstanding. A pretty and attractively scented nose features notes of citrus, baking spice, lychee nut and rose water that precedes the nicely rich, round and relatively powerful medium-bodied flavors that possess excellent focus and drive on the impressively long and mineral-driven finish. After two hours in a decanter, this was a radically different, and better, wine than when it was initially opened.” Allen Meadows 91 points